9 Steps to Successful Projects
If your project goes off the rails or just ends up over budget and under impressing, there is much at risk. From lost business to wasted time and goodwill down the drain, you just don’t want to let it happen. Shay de Silva, Founder of Solution Garden, is passionate about the impact of processes on successful project management. In this article, she lays out a 9 step process to make sure your project ends up in the WIN column!
Need a Laptop?
Laptops in Short Supply, Especially Less Expensive Models
Laptops have been in short supply since the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic. Lots of us need to work from here, there, and everywhere, and a laptop is a key part of this equation. Laptops in the lower price range (under $1,000 or so) have backlogs of 30-60 days unless you want to make serious compromises with performance. So what’s a business to do?
- Plan ahead. We know, this isn’t what anyone in a crisis wants to hear, but it does work. Buy a spare for your staff. If you need 5 consider buying 6.
- Spend a little more. The model with the i7 processor might be $100 more than the i5. But if you can get it delivered more quickly, then it will likely be money well spent.
- Buy the “deal” or the Dell “Smart Selection” model. These are often models that are ready to ship and in stock. But make sure that your choice makes sense and doesn’t have hidden consequences.
- Check out refurbished options. These are often computers that were returned with little to no use. Just make sure they come with a warranty.
And what should you NOT do? Don’t buy something TOO low-end (i.e. 4 GB of RAM, an i3 processor or Windows Home operating system.) You’ll pay for this in the end! You can also check out this article from Consumer Reports and our article about Selecting the Laptop of Your Dreams.
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) might be the easiest, least inexpensive method to protect you and your business from cyberattacks. Authentication is the process of verifying the identity of a user, so multi-factor authentication means that more than one factor is used to make sure you are who you say you are. For an explanation of MFA and how it works, check out this recent blog post.
Tuesday, November 17 at noon
In this Webinar, Kristen McGarr of Adroit Insights shares with you the 3 most important things to know about selecting and implementing a CRM for your sales and marketing. With over a decade of experience custom building and configuring CRMs to match each organizations unique Sales Process, Kristen will guide you through answering the three most important questions:
- What is a CRM and why do you need one?
- How can you select the right CRM for your company?
- Will a CRM really make your organization more effective?
Human Security – the Last Line of Defense
Your people are your most significant security threat. All the security measures in the world are no match for an employee who clicks the wrong link, or doesn’t notice that the url on an email has changed.
This recording of a webinar with BEI and partner Breach Secure Now includes a discussion of how you can engage your staff in security awareness. From training, policies, continuous reinforcement and more, we discuss how you can make Human Security part of your corporate culture.